2015 – 2016 School Year
Meridian Stories’ mission is to prepare students for the 21st century workplace by providing opportunities to collaborate, create, problem solve and lead in the development and production of meaningful digital narratives that address curricular goals.
In support of this mission statement, Meridian Stories will offer a series of new Challenges in which teams of Middle and High School students can compete. Additionally, Meridian Stories will offer a vastly expanded resource center that allows teachers to choose from a variety of options for the easy incorporation of short and engaging digital narratives into their existing curricula.
Specifically, Meridian Stories will deliver the following:
2015 – 2016 Season of Challenges
8 New Video Challenges in Language Arts, History, Math and Science
4 New Podcast Challenges in Language Arts, History, Math and Science
4 New Meridian Minute Challenges in Language Arts, History, Math and Science
[Each participating school can submit up to three entries per Challenge]
Creative Resource Center
New Creative Resource Center for integrating Digital Storytelling into the Curriculum. This center will offer teachers a wide range of activities that provide students with fun, engaging and collaborative opportunities, including:
• How to use media and audio formats – game shows, commercials, reality shows, Vox Pop, Moth presentations, etc. – to creatively communicate curricular objectives; and
• Short media-based activities that require character and story frameworks to communicate curricular objectives.
• Expanded Resource material on Digital Citizenry.
• Expanded Resource material on Video and Audio Production for the classroom.
• Expanded Resource material on free production software for use in the classroom.
• Full Inventory of over 50 Meridian Stories Curricular Units in Language Arts, History, Math and Science.
School (Middle or High School) – $350
School Districts – $300 for each participating school
Please submit the following information to begin registration.
For more information, please contact Brett Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org